Well I am done with my summer internship at Beasley & Gilkison law firm in Muncie. I cannot believe how fast it went! Although I wasn't sure how much I'd like working in Muncie, the internship and summer turned out much better than I ever expected.
I'm in Chicago now--in a recording studio listening to Eric and his band, called MacGuffin, record a demo CD. They are actually really good! To me (and I'm sure Eric will disagree) they sound like a mix between Modest Mouse and Radiohead. Eric plays the drums and comes up with a lot of the ideas for music. His older brother and his brothers two best friends also play in the band. As soon as I get my camera plugged into the computer, I'll get pictures up of the studio. Their motto is "If it sounds good, play it."
On Thursday morning I'll be heading out to Mongolia! I fly from Chicago to Beijing (17+ hours) and then from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia (3 hours). The trip is 18 days and I recruited 11 other people. 3 are from Canada, 1 woman from Singapore, 2 from North Carolina, 3 from Boulder, 1 guy from Chicago, and 1 guy from Portland. I think we'll bring a lot of hard work to the people of Darkhan, Mongolia and have a lot of fun at the same time. Pictures to come after Aug. 18th.
Hope all is well the Woehlke family!
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment