Well today has been one long, fairly boring day at work. Unfortunately I haven't had anything to do since 10:30ish. So as a result I typically read the NY Times online and browse the internet for things to buy only to find that there is nothing I want to buy (on the internet anyway). I also get huge eating cravings were I walk around the office looking for things to devour. So far today I've had a jelly donut, two muffins, a coconut donut, and a bagel (key words being "so far"). There is still one bagel left I could potentially eat. I didn't put any cream cheese on the bagel which is a plus I guess. I think what I should do is erect a sign saying I'm within half a mile of the office, leave my cell number on it, and go biking at my leisure. I have also though about constructing a poking stick which I could use to prod my bosses if they don't have any work for me to do; it probably wouldn't be very well recieved.
I did actually manage to adjust my front break on my bike, it still isn't entirely to my liking but I'll need to do some research on how to properly adjust breaks. Nate told me there are some good You Tube videos for maintaining and tinkering with bicycles, I'll have to check them out. I'm also starting to look at the toe clips on my bike pedals and am noticing that the straps which hold my feet in are starting to fray. I should probably fix that before I get into a horrible disabilitating accident.
Otherwise there is not much left to post today. I still need to post some pictures. I may or may not get to this later today. After I get back to the house I'll be digging a 5" trench and filling it with gravel so I can then put some sandstone on top of it; I think it's sandstone anyway, it seems to soft and unslate-like to be slate.
I guess on my way back I'll stop by the bike store to check and see what all they think I need to do to prepare for a 130 mile ride. I think in two weeks I'm going to ride from Gannnoque Canada back to Syracuse. Allan (the man of the house/host) doesn't seem to think the ride is a good idea; but if I'm going to ride across the country I certainly hope a 130 mile ride would be a cakewalk. I'll have to bring an extra chain, a tire tube (lube?), as well as the obvious essentials. I'll also need to find a detailed map of region 7 (I think it's region 7).
I hope this e-mail is relatively error free.
Love
Thomas
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment