I had planned accouple weeks ago to go on a bike trip which would have been about 130 miles from Pumpkin Island which is near Gananoque to Syracuse. Due to scheduling conflicts I was not able to get a ride up to the island. Now sometime in the next three weeks I should be able to go on this biking trip. In terms of mechanical/repair equipment I'm planning on bringing a spare innter tube, a tool to take a tire off of a bike, and a bike pump which can use either CO2 containers or can manually be pumped. In terms of nurishment I'll be bringing a 1.5 liter Camelback filled with water, protein shake mix, an electrolite formula, and some dehydrated foods. These things will most likely get me through the journey. I'll also bring a tent, should I need to stop half way at some point, and a cell phone for emergency purposes. For navigation I'll have to aquire maps and a compass. I have a cyclometer for distance and pace.
This will be an interesting ride. I'm told it should be mostly flat with the exception of one area. I may be riding alongside lake Ontario for some of the distance. The most important part about this ride is that it will give me a good idea of what I will be capable of accomplishing. I will also be able to use this ride as a reference point for when I plan my biking trip across the country, which I have already started planning for. Thus far I've done some reading on the necessary steps which need to be taken. The more I read about it the safer it seems to be. Currently I plan on doing the tour with between 15 and 25 lbs of luggage. I am also going to make plans for this trip as if I were going alone; but, would be more then willing to go with a small group if people show interest. I should have more on these plans in the future.
Love
Thomas
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment