Monday, September 1, 2008

A Rough Start

Hi all!
Well the title says it all. This football season has been rough so far. In the first game we played Northwest High and beat them 31-6. I know that does not sound bad... just wait. The team found out that we had to give up the win because our long snapper did not have enough practices in. Even though that happened, the team was not all that down. The general feeling was that if you ask anyone at the game who won the answer would be us.
But it gets better. Then the night before our second game against our cross town rivals, Southside, two of our starters get themselves into discipline troubles and can't play. (They happened to be some of our best players.) Anyway, we lost to south pretty badly and all things considered, we should have. It is just frustrating to have a team that sabotages its self like that. I can only hope that we can pull together and do well thins season. I will try to keep you updated.

Much love,
Nathan

No comments: