Friday, August 15, 2008
Starting School
We started homeschooling on Thursday! WOW! We are all excited. Abby is starting Second grade. Chrissy is in Kindergarten and Tim is having fun entertaining us. So far, I have had many comments from Abby "Mom, I love school!" Chrissy loves it too, but she doesn't know much else, like her sister did.Our first day, we finnished about 1:00. Shortly after, the girls went to a friend's house to spend the rest of the day and night. They spent the afternoon exploring a river by our friend's house, playing and enjoying thier friends. We then joined up and had school later on Friday. Homeschooling is GREAT! The kids get socializing in a whole new way...We will have to be more scheduled next week, but this was a good start for us. :) Lunch times have been great for me! As I listen to my kids interact with one another and me, I am thrilled that I get to be a part of their lives during the day! They are all such blessings! God knew what He was doing when He called us to do this.The girls were excited to tell Daddy what they had been learning. Rick has even gotten into the process of encouraging good attitudes during class time. If they do well all week, they get to give Daddy one of thier chores! (which the girls usually pick the dog poop duty!) He is a great encourager and supporter!Tim also got to go on a date with mommy when the girls had their sleep over. He thought that was great! We went to Long John Silver's and danced in our seats to the juke box (Tim did most of the dancing). Daddy and Mommy and Tim then went shopping for his 3rd birthday party (sept. 10). We had fun finding lion things and watching him try to act like a lion at the store... growling most of the time. :) Rick and I cannot believe that our baby is going to be 3 in less than a month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment