Yesterday I completed my Ride from Pumpkin Island in Canada to Syracuse. Unfortunately the ride was not 130 miles it was only 115. This is probably a good thing because I was pretty tired by the end of it. For the most part it was smooth sailing although at mile 90 my legs did feel like they were on fire, and I was the most fatiqued at that point. This was also the break where I ate and drank the most. I stopped at someone's house and asked them if I could have some water. She was a little concerned about me because of how tired I looked, but after maybe 30 minutes of resting and some stretching I felt better. We also had a brief conversation where I learned that she worked as a teacher in East Syracuse. I then hopped back onto the bike and rode the rest of the way back. In total the ride took 11 hours. Actual bike riding time added up to 8 hours. I average 14.37 mph on on the and alittle over ten for the whole day.
My general goal was to ride for two hour increments and then stop and eat some and rest breifly. In total there were five long segments but I didn't actually ride through them all. On the first hall I walked across the bridge between Canada and the states which probably took at least 15 minutes. I also had brief 10 to 15 minutes rests in the gaps. The first gap was roughly 2 hours and I burned (according to my heart rate monitor) 1271 calories, my average heart rate for that segment was 132 bpm. My next segment was another 2 hours, I burned 1479 calories and my average heart rate was 146. The third segment was another 2 hours, I burned 1533 calories, and my heart rate was 150. The fourth segment, which was the most grueling as it had the most hills was an hour and a half. I burned 1372 calories and my average heart rate was 157. The fifth and final segment was an hour and 46 minutes, I burned 1343 calories and my average heart rate was 146.
My attention span in weak at the moment I'll update this post with pictures and stuff later.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment